This is a recommended program of study for students planning to pursue a bachelor's degree in chemistry.
Learning Foundations Overall Requirements
- All students must read English at an acceptable level in order to begin college-level courses. The college assesses two levels of reading proficiency as shown below. Both must be satisfied in order to enroll in college-level classes.
- Meet a basic reading standard by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0051 or ESL-0105, or by exemption due to prior college coursework.
- Meet college-level reading standards by placement exam score, by taking DVR-0061 DVR-0071 or ESL-0106, or by exemption as a result of prior college coursework.
- The college assesses English writing proficiency at three levels as a prerequisite to enrollment in EGL-1010, the first college-level writing course. Those three levels are outlined below.
- Meet the minimum English proficiency requirement by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0009 or ESL-0102 or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet intermediate level English proficiency requirements by placement exam score, by completing DVE-0011 or ESL-0201, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- Meet pre-college level English requirements by placement exam score, by completing EGL-0100 or ESL-0202, or by exemption as a result of prior coursework.
- All students must satisfy the college's requirement for a solid foundation in mathematics. Students can document this foundation either with satisfactory placement test scores, with an exemption posted as a result of courses taken elsewhere, or with satisfactory performance in one or more developmental mathematics courses. In addition, all students must complete either PAS-1010 or PAS-1030 along with their first developmental math course.
- Meet the most basic arithmetic requirement by completing DLS-0011 or a satisfactory score on the placement test.
- Meet prealgebra requirements by completing DVM-0031 or with a satisfactory placement test score.
- Meet elementary algebra requirements by completing DVM-0071 or achieving a satisfactory placement score.
- Meet intermediate algebra requirements by completing MAT-0104 or by achieving a satisfactory placment test score.
- You must take PAS-1030 during the same semester you take DVM-0031.
General Education - English Composition
General Education - Humanities Speech
General Education-Humanities Group 2 AA/AS
General Education - Social Sciences
- Take one History course. Select from HST-1310, 1320, 1370, 1410, 1430, 1510, 1530, 2160, 2230, 2470. In addition complete one additional social science course from the following list: ANT-1010, 1030; ECN 1000,1030, or 1040; GEO-1000 or 1010; POS-1000, 1010, or 1020; PSY-1010, 2010, 2030, 2040, 2070, 2080, 2130, or 2190; SOC-1010 or 2010; WMS-1010.
- COMPLETE ONE GENERAL EDUCATION HISTORY COURSE
- COMPLETE ONE ADDITIONAL SOCIAL SCIENCE COURSE
General Education - MAT-2410
Science Requirement for Chemistry A.A.
General Education - Information Technology
Chem. Major Concentration Requirement
18 Credits At the 2000 Level
- You must take at least 18 credits of 2000-level courses in order to graduate in this program. Courses listed below count toward that requirement.