SAGE is Seasoned Adults Growing Educationally, a tuition-free program of stimulating courses for Maryland residents aged 60 and older. Classes take place in over 25 convenient, community-based venues throughout Prince George’s County.
Registration for Therapeutic Aquatic and Health and Fitness classes opened on July 5, 2018. These classes begin the week of August 27, 2018.
Registration for SAGE fall classes opens Friday, August 31, 2018. SAGE fall classes begin the week of October 1, 2018.
Don’t age – SAGE! Studies have demonstrated that you’ve got to use it if you don’t want to lose it – both mentally and physically.
SAGE classes are designed to help you do just that by keeping both mind and body active and engaged. The reasonable fee structure makes it financially possible to schedule the classes you desire - an $85 registration fee is charged per trimester for Maryland residents who are 60 and older. (This registration fee covers an unlimited number of classes which are state-approved and have no time conflicts. All other fees, e.g. lab, computer and supplies are not included.)
Our creative, competent and caring faculty enrich your classroom experience and the camaraderie of like-minded peers is both stimulating and supportive. SAGE courses include, but are not limited to, the following topics:
||French, German, Italian, Spanish, and American Sign Language
||Introduction to Computers, Intermediate Computer Skills, and Microsoft Office Suite 2016.
Internet: introduction, navigation, and research
||Financial and estate planning
||American, environmental, local, and world history, European culture, and historical perspectives through films and literature
||Creative, poetry, and autobiographical
||From the classics at large to the analysis of a specific genre or author
||Opera, pop, piano, music history
||Watercolor, oil, and acrylic painting; drawing, studio fine arts, ceramics, pottery, stained glass, art history and appreciation
||General and aerobic fitness, arthritis exercise, strength training, weight training, dance, Pilates, Tai chi, yoga, balance and chronic disease self-management
Did you know that Maryland residents who are age 60 or older are exempt from paying tuition for regular classes at PGCC?
For credit courses, Maryland residents who are age 60 or older at the start of the semester are exempt from paying tuition and instructional fees. These students must pay:
For continuing education courses listed in the Continuing Education Schedule of Classes with an *, Maryland residents who are age 60 or older at the start of the semester are exempt from paying tuition. These students must pay
- Application for admissions (one-time fee of $25)
- Registration ($25 per semester)
- Special fees (e.g., music fees)
- Cost of any required textbooks
To take credit courses
- Registration ($85 per semester)
- Special fees (e.g., music fees)
- Cost of any required textbook or materials
To take continuing education courses:
- apply for admission at www.pgcc.edu or in person in Bladen Hall, room 126
- take the Placement Test (if required)
- activate an Owl Link account
- register for Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration
- select a payment option
- obtain a college ID from Admissions and Records or Library
- use phone numbers listed in each section of the Continuing Education Classes schedulefor more information on classes
- register for course(s):
- online using Owl Link, OR
- by mailing a registration form with payment attached OR
- in person, in Bladen Hall room 126