Credit for Military Experience

  • Please be sure to have all of your prior credits and military training evaluated for your program of study here at Prince George's Community College. The Department of Veterans Affairs requires all GI Bill recipients to have all of their prior education and training, military and civilian, evaluated for possible transfer credit when they first enroll at Prince George's Community College.

    The VA gives you up to two semesters of enrollment to obtain official transcripts from your prior schools or military training. If we do not receive and evaluate your transcripts by the end of your second semester of enrollment with us, the VA will terminate all benefits paid to you and may require that all previously paid benefits be repaid!

    Only official transcripts are accepted for evaluation. Please click on official transcript to learn how to have your transcripts evaluated, and register for a Joint Services Transcript account. Source documents for military education are armed forces official transcripts.