Visiting or Non-degree Seeking

  • Visiting or Non-degree Seeking

    Visiting Students Enrollment Instructions 

    Visiting students must first complete an application for admissions (Bladen Hall-Room 126). If you have never attended Prince George’s Community College, complete an online application, then come directly to Academic Advising (Bladen Hall-Room 124) to enroll in classes. Students who are matriculated at a college other than Prince George’s Community College must bring an official or unofficial copy of their transcript for proof of college level coursework.

    Visiting students must take a placement test (Bladen Hall-Room 100), if they do not have proof of college courses taken (i.e. transcripts).
    For more information, visit the Transfer Center web page.

    How will I know if the courses I take here will transfer back to my home institution?

    If you attend college in the state of Maryland, visit the Articulation System for Maryland Colleges and Universities (ARTSYS) to find Prince George's Community College courses that will transfer to Maryland colleges and universities.

    If you attend a college outside of the state of Maryland, you should check with your host institution regarding the transferability of the course(s) you wish to take prior to registering.

    Nondegree Seeking Students

    Many students come to the college in order to update job skills, for personal enrichment, or to explore a new career field. Such students must be admitted in the same manner as any degree-seeking student and must meet individual course prerequisites.

    See specific course descriptions in Chapter 9 of the College's catalog to determine the requirements for the courses in question.
    Nondegree applicants must:

    1. Meet with a Recruitment Coordinator 
    2. Submit an application for admission.
    3. Pay the nonrefundable $25.00 application fee.
    4. Meet all prerequisites for any courses they wish to take, either through testing or proof of prior college work.
    5. Be aware they are not eligible for Federal financial aid so long as they remain nondegree seeking.
    6. Clearly identify themselves as nondegree seeking on the application for admission, under Program of Study.
    7. Upon receipt of an e-mail from the college regarding Owl Link, the college’s Web-based computer system, sign in to Owl Link and become familiar with the services accessible through this system. The e-mail will contain full instructions.


    Apply Now

    Ready to apply? Start your online application.